Wednesday 27 January 2010

Looking Forward


Being off work at the moment due to the hotel being refurbished, I have plenty time on my hands to think ahead and plan for next season’s fishing.

So today I went for a walk to a river that I have driven past on many occasions and thought it looked fishy. The river in question is the River Sprint near Kendal. I walked along the bank of the river looking for likely places that would hold fish, of which there are plenty. This river has crystal clear water and a gravely bed, with a slow to medium flow when not in spate, perfect wading water, I reckon the water quality is better than some of the well known Southern Chalk Streams. It joins the River Kent just south of Burneside and this is then joined by the river Mint at the gravel trap.

Burnesdie Angling Association runs this stretch of the river and day tickets are available from the Jolly Angler Pub in Burneside. I am looking forward to a couple of days out river trouting on this magnificent looking river.

2 comments:

  1. Looks good you will have to take me to this river next time I am over the border

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will take you round the next time you are down here in Englandshire

    ReplyDelete