Saturday 30 January 2010

Tying Evening


I attended the latest tying class of Lakeland Fly Dressers Guild on Wednesday, this is held at the Club Inn at Endmoor near Kendal.
The patterns that we were tying this week were the shuttlecock buzzer and the bloodworm.
I have never tied or even tried these patterns when I have been out fishing, but I was told they are very effective in rivers, especially the rivers of South Lakeland. I had to get some of the materials for these patterns although some of the materials were supplied by the Guild.
My attempt at the bloodworm is pictured above. I am quite please with this attempt and will tie up some more to use in the coming season.

2 comments:

  1. Neat tying there scotsmanincunbria. Never used these patterns myself. Looks appealing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dabbler

    It's worth a try, the only thing wrong is the tail has slipped a little

    ReplyDelete