Monday 25 January 2010

Flytying & me


I have been fly tying on and off for a few years now, but have never been a good tyer although my fly’s have caught fish.
I was delighted to find that there was a branch of the Fly Dressers Guild close to me. I joined the Guild a few weeks ago following an invite from a fishing friend. He informed me that there was a beginners tying class held each week during the winter and that I would come on in leaps and bounds by attending these classes.
As you can see my flies are not perfect, but this is a huge improvement on what I used to tie. The encouragement I have been given at the tying classes has been invaluable to me, and as such I would recommend that anyone wishing to start flytying should contact their nearest branch of the Fly Dressers Guild and attend their tying evenings.

1 comment:

  1. You made the right move there. From my experience its better to get taught by someone rather than yourself. Your flies look real fine to me.

    ReplyDelete