Tuesday 6 September 2011

Weekly Round Up (Week 32/33/34)




Not been out much at all over the last 3 weeks, due to work & family commitments. I should now be back on a more regular basis, and not just river updates. I have been out with my son a couple of times at Sandside sea fishing and catching the odd flounder. Well the last couple of days has seen torrential rain with flood alerts issued for the rivers Brathay, Mint, Sprint and Kent. The river Kent is today about 8-10ft above normal levels for this time of year. I went out this morning when the rain had stopped for a little while and managed to get a few pics of the river in its current condition. The river is far too high to even attempt to fish it. Wading is definitely out for the time being, The flow is that fast that it is carrying small trees and lots of other debris, which makes it too dangerous to venture onto the river.
Here is hoping that the weather improves before Friday for Kendal’s annual torchlight carnival. I will put up a report of the carnival on Saturday. My son’s school has a float in the carnival which I will be on. I will be helping out with the construction on Friday during the day, also setting up the music and lighting.

No comments:

Post a Comment