Monday 6 June 2011

Weekly Round Up (Week Twenty One & Twenty Two)


The weekend before last I was up in Scotland visiting my family so there was no update that weekend. I was fishing at Hillend Reservoir with the Hillend Dabbler, no fish were caught although I had a few pulls.
This weekend I was working most of the time but did manage to get out for a walk along the river and got a picture. I went upstream on the north bank from Victoria Bridge to the Meetings. There were plenty of fish rising to the midge hatches that were in abundance.
The river is in fine condition for the brownies but the rain that we did have although it brought the level up it has now went back to summer levels, which means the salmon & sea trout have not been running in the numbers expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment