Tuesday 25 May 2010

Kentmere Tarn



I took a trip to Kentmere to fish the small lake (East Bay) on the River Kent system. I arrived at about 7.30pm and got tackled up. The evening was perfect the sun was dipping over the hillside and there was a slight ripple on the water. I started fishing with a small black gnat, covering the rises that were everywhere. I moved around the lake continually covering any rising fish that I saw. There were no takers for the gnat. I then changed to a small brown hopper (size 14) and on the first cast I had a fish on. After about 5 minutes of trying to get the trout under control it unfortunately for me got off. I continued to fish the hopper for another hour or so, with a few more takes but was unable to land my first trout of the season. I fully intend to fish this lake on a regular basis, as well as the river.
The lake has a good head of wild brownies up to 2lb with some recorded at 5lb. The lake is also stocked with brown trout regularly by WADAA, who control the fishing on the stretch of the River Kent system.

No comments:

Post a Comment