Monday 17 May 2010

An Evening at Ghyll Head


I went up to Ghyll Head to catch the evening rise. I arrived at about 6.30pm and had a good look around to see what was happening and hopefully find the perfect area to catch some trout. There were a few people around in the places where I would normally fish. I moved to the East end of the Tarn, where I have fished successfully on previous visits. I got tackled up with a floating line and size 16 black gnat. There was a few rises but not much action from anywhere. I cast to the few rises that were around me with no success. I then noticed close in near the trees dipping into the water in the above picture, that there were more rises, but could not see any fly life at this time, but had a cast or two to see if I could tempt the trout. Still with no success I was daydreaming listening to the woodpeckers in the trees nearby, then just as I looked back at my fly there was a swirl around my fly and I lifted into it. I had hooked my first Rainbow of the season. Unfortunately after a couple of minutes the fish got off, probably down to my not having enough pressure on the fish.
I thoroughly enjoyed the fishing in the warmth and glow of the setting sun. Again another blank trip, but I am sure I will be catching not just fishing in the near future

No comments:

Post a Comment