Monday 20 June 2011

Kentmere Today


I managed to get out today for a few hours on Kentmere Tarn. It was a little bit overcast with a light easterly breeze. I went to the western shore where there was some splashy rises and a few jumping fish. I set up with a black Pennell on the dropper and a small caddis emerger on the point. I was casting to the rising fish and within a couple of minutes I had a bit of interest in the point fly. I continued to fish round the western shore, casting every couple of steps to the rises. There was no further interest for at least half an hour, again they was only a little interest with the trout trying to drown the point fly. I then changed to a small Greenwells dry fly on the point and had immediate interest with a take, unfortunately my strike was a little too slow and the fish had gone. Still a very enjoyable day in the lakes with not another soul around for a change.

No comments:

Post a Comment