Saturday 16 April 2011

Weekly Round Up (Week Fourteen & Fifteen)



Didn’t get out last week to get an update due to not being well over the weekend. The river Kent is in good condition at the moment with some nice glides and pools through the town section.
I got out today for a couple of hours on the river Sprint, a tributary of the Kent. It was a little overcast but dry. I arrived at the river at about 10am and tackled up. I was using my #3/4 weight rod today. This section of the river is crystal clear with a gravelly bed.
There are a few nice runs on this stretch with a good amount of holding places for the trout. The trout in this area are usually in the 6oz – 8oz bracket, with the occasional larger fish to 1 lb. I didn’t manage to connect with any fish today, there was not many hatches and the hatches that were there were very short lived.

No comments:

Post a Comment