Monday 8 February 2010

Hans Wilenmann Fly Tyer


I first came across Hans on a couple of fly fishing and fly tying forums that I use regularly. He will always give useful advice should you ask him.
I met Hans when at the BFFI in November 2009 and he is a really nice guy. He was demonstrating his fly tying to the assembled audience. He was demonstrating fly tying with a modern twist, which was using plastic strand from net bags in various colours as the rib on his flies. He was also on tyers row and the flies he was tying there were on size 28 hooks, I could harly see the eye of the hook. How he can see to tie these flies amazes me. He wears his glasses when not tying but then takes them of to tie, even for the small size 28's
If you have a look at his web site you will find some amazing flies on there. It is well worth the effort to visit. http://www.danica.com/flytier/ I have a link to the right for his website.

No comments:

Post a Comment