Saturday 6 February 2010

Fly Clip Stands




Looking at fly clip stands in the shops I found them to be rather expensive for what they are. Most of the ones I have seen are made out of pine, which has been stained and varnished to make it look like oak or mahogany.
Now during the current refurbishment of the hotel where I work we are having solid oak flooring laid and I thought about using some off cuts of the flooring to make my own clip stand.
Having to work at the weekend when only one or two of the joiners are around and no management I was able to acquire some off cuts and set about making the stand. The first thing I did was cut the wood to length and then using the bench saw I cut an angle of 25o on the face of both pieces. I then cut both pieces to the correct width for what I wanted. As you can see from the pictures I have placed a step to make a two-tiered stand.
This is a work in progress. The next job is drilling the holes to accept the clips, after that it is then time to varnish and the stand will be complete. All being well this will be completed by Thursday.

2 comments:

  1. I look forward to receiving stand Bruv

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be up on Friday 12th so you will get your stand at some point on the weekend

    ReplyDelete