Tuesday 4 May 2010

Ghyll Head


I got up this morning in glorious sunshine, with the intention of going to Moss Eccles Tarn. I set off at about 9.30am to travel the 14 miles round Lake Windermere to get to the carpark at Far Sawrey. When I arrived the carpark was already full with no sign of anybody leaving in the near future. I then decided that the best option was to carry on along this road to Near Sawrey and onto the car ferry across Windermere and onto Ghyll Head.
On arriving at Ghyll Head at about 11am I got tackled up at the car, and proceeded to the bay just down from the access point to the Tarn. There was already a few people fishing nearby, and there was still plenty room in this area for me to fish. The bright sunshine was in my face for most of the time that I was there. I saw plenty of rises in the bay which I found out were small Roach. As the day progressed the fly hatches started with small olives in abundance, with more and more rises, with quite a few showing their dorsal fins. The trout would still not take any of my offerings. I finally packed up at about 3.30pm, to go and collect my son from footie practice, which finished at 4.30pm. Another excellent day by the water despite the lack of fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment