Friday 30 April 2010

A Day On The River


I decided that I need a day’s fishing on the River Brathay. I arrived at the car park at about 10am & got tackled up, and was on the river by 10.30. The river is quite low at the moment and you can easily see the bottom in places, this is due mainly to the fact that we have had very little rain for the last couple of weeks. I started near the car park where I had seen a couple of rises about midway across the river, which is quite wide at this point. There wasn’t much fly life about and it had turned very cold with just a little wind.
I fished up the left bank for about ½ mile with a few takes and plenty of rises. I then crossed the bridge and fished down the right bank by this time the fly life had started to appear. Again there were plenty of rises with one take. Another blank day for me, but things are looking up. I just need to be patient and strike at the right time.

No comments:

Post a Comment