Friday 23 September 2011

Salmon Fishing



I was informed of a place to trot a worm or two for salmon, by the coal supplier to my work. I managed to get out on the Kent at Staveley for a couple of hours yesterday before having to go to work for 3pm. I watched the river for any signs of life for about 15 minutes before making a cast. I was set up with a float and cast in to a nice pool where there is reputed to be salmon at the moment. I continued on the pool for about ½ hour with no luck. I moved further round the river to a nice section with a few riffles and glides and cast out again. I got what I thought was a take but no joy. I continued along the river for the next hour or so before reluctantly packing up to go home and get ready for work.
There is massive potential on this stretch of river for both fly and worm, with Brown Trout, Sea Trout and Salmon making home in the river. Will be out again next week with I hope a bit more luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment