Saturday 21 May 2011

Evening Off



I managed to get an unexpected evening off yesterday. I decided to go up river to Staveley to a stretch of river that I have viewed in the past and wondered who owned the fishing rights. This section is run by WADAA and is a very inviting stretch of the river. I got tackled up and donned the waders, and was fishing by 7.30pm. There were many rising fish with the occasional leap from the energetic trout. I had a Klinkhammer on, and got quite a bit of interest almost immediately. I fished up the left bank for about ½ Mile and then crossed the river and fished back down the right. I did not manage to hook up with anything but the evening was still a success as I was out in the fresh air and enjoyed the experience. I will be out there again in the future with a bit more success hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment