Wednesday 30 March 2011

River Kent Today


I finally managed to get out on the river today for a couple of hours between the downpours of rain. The river was looking in fantastic condition. I got set up at about 10am on a stretch of the river that I have been studying for the last couple of weeks looking for possible hiding places for the trout and watching the riffles & glides. I just watched the river for the first 10 mins to suss out where the fish were feeding. There was quite a few rises but the majority of the feeding if any seemed to under the surface. I tied on a #14 Gold Head GRHE and a #14 nymph. There was a bit of interest after a couple of casts. But that seemed to be all I was going to get. I continued for another 1 hour and a half without bothering the fish. I got packed up just as the heavens opened again.

No comments:

Post a Comment