Friday 15 October 2010

Salmon Tube Flies


I have been taking a bit of time out since the end of the Brown Trout season, tying up some salmon flies. I thought I would give tube flies a try. As that is what I see a lot of the salmon guys using on the local river.

I have tied up salmon flies in the past with a little success when fishing them. I went to the local tackle shop and bought a tube fly adaptor and some tubes. These are not as expensive as I thought.

Tube flies are a lot harder to tie than tying on a hook, but with a little perseverance I have came up with a couple of flies that I am happy with. I now just need to get some hooks for them and give them a try over the next couple of weeks before the end of the salmon season here on the River Kent.

The dressing for the above fly is as follows:

Tube: Eumer 25mm
Thread: UTC 70 Red
Beard Hackle: Grey Squirrel Tail/Blue Arctic Fox
Over Wing: Orange Arctic Fox
Orange Conehead

No comments:

Post a Comment