Monday 1 March 2010

Snowbee Fly Mate


Just thought I would write a small review of my new tying vice, the Snowbee Fly Mate. I have been tying on and off for a few years using a Regent type vice which has served me well.
Following my joining the Lakeland Fly Dressers Guild and attending their tying classes, I have come to realise that I need a true rotary vice. Now I work in hotels and simply cannot afford something like the LAW vice, so I chose a cheaper alternative. When I say cheaper I mean a lot cheaper but, the quality of the Snowbee is up there with the best and at only £42.00 within the reach of just about everybody. I have been able to tie my tails and hairwings much more easily with this vice, also with last weeks class we tied a beard hackle which was so much easier with this vice because of the rotary feature.
All in all a very good quality product that I can highly recommend.

1 comment:

  1. Looks nice, The single most important factor about any vice is that the tyer is comfortable with it. Thats all that matters.

    ReplyDelete