Thursday 18 February 2010

Paul Little Fly Tyer


At our latest meeting of the Lakeland Fly Dressers Guild we had a talk by our Chairman and Master Fly Dresser Paul Little. Paul’s talk was about his passion and techniques used fly-fishing for pike. He has fished for pike on Bassenthwaite Lake for 32 years and has within the last few years started fly-fishing for pike on Bassenthwaite.
His set up for pike is a 9’ 8weight with a knotable wire trace using the perfection loop to attach the fly as the teeth on the pike will cut through mono very easily. Having listened intently to Paul’s talk and watching the slide show I think that I may try this for myself this season. In Paul’s experience the best time to fly fish for pike is during September, which is when I will give this a go.
There is a link to Paul’s blog on my side bar should you be interested in Fly-fishing for Pike

No comments:

Post a Comment